Thursday, March 8, 2012

Birthday Cards

Hello...there are a lot of spring birthdays for the people in my life. So I've been busy creating!


First up is a tall card that fits nicely into a no. 10 sized envelope. I used a Hero Arts stamp and stamped it twice with versamark, then heat embossed on white paper with clear embossing powder.

Then I used distress stains in fired brick, peeled paint and wild honey to add color. Before cutting it down, I spritzed a home made shimmer over it.

The card base is kraft. I stamped a script background over the top of it in brushed corduroy ink. I held a small piece of black cs behind the top of the white cs and ripped them together. Then I offset them a bit. The butterfly is a dimensional sticker from my stash.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up! I added a little green stitched grosgrain ribbon from A Muse Studio.


The next one is mostly Stampin Up! I took 2 of the new framelits and embossed my white cs instead of cutting it. Cool!  Then I stamped the image (Stampin Up! Apothecary Art) in the middle and colored it in. The ribbon is crushed silk from A Muse Studio. I like the simplicity of it. A few jewels adorn the top left and I rounded the corners.


I just love patterned paper don't you? So here I have a white base and a layer stamped repeatedly with an Inkadinkadoo floral stamp. I used bermuda pigment ink from a | s.  Then I took 3 sheets from a crate paper pack (portrait collection). I layered two of them and used the light one as a banner. It's got a small calendar print, might be hard to see. The congratulations is from Stampin Up! and the inside turns it into a birthday sentiment. I put some flowers from my stash as an accent.

Thanks for looking! Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment