Saturday, March 3, 2012

We have a 2 yr old!

My darling grandson turned 2 this week - what a joy he is! We love you Jake! Here's a picture of me with him. Isn't his little fedora adorable? 

For the occasion, I made a card for him, cased from Niki Estes, here. I loved the layout and the colors so much.


The paper is from Jillibean Soup - Blossom Soup and the cute stamps are from Stamping Bella, called Bye Bye Boy. The mat paper is Soft Suede from Stampin Up! and the buttons were just from my stash, along with the linen thread. Antique Linen distress ink was used to sponge all the edges and the image was colored in with colored pencils and gamsol. I sewed a zig zag stitch vertically between the panels and a straight stitch around the panels. Oh and the large scallop border is an A Muse Studio die.  The sentiment was stamped with Soft Suede. Thanks for looking!

In a couple of weeks, my third grandchild will be born - a little girl named Sierra Marie - can't wait!!

Blessings, Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment