Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A couple of cards using A Muse Friend to Friend

I made 2 cards, one with warm colors and one with cool colors but using the same image. I used the Friend to Friend stamp set for the flowers. After curving one of the stems and masking I stamped it again and heat embossed them. Diamond stickles cover the stems. The sentiments come from Essential Sentiments. Thanks for stopping by!


A little more detail on each:


This get well soon card uses the french roast polka dotted paper, love it! I sponged papaya around the lacey circle nestie. The flowers and sentiment were stamped in french roast too and heat embossed. The ribbon is papaya, stitched grosgrain.

I used red and green copic markers (a couple of shades each) on the blooms and little leaves. I popped the main image and the sentiment up and rounded the corners with my handy dandy corner chomper. Oh and diamond stickles were put on the stems with a toothpick.


So on this sympathy card, I used slate paper and ink. The vintage onyx paper is on top. Love that! The main image was sponged with antique linen and dusty concord distress inks, I was trying to keep the color palette cool. The ribbon is slate stitched grosgrain. Oh, and I used the large scallop border die.

The sentiment is white embossed and the corners were rounded again,. See you soon! Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment