Sunday, January 29, 2012

More with Wild Rose

With this card I'm trying for the look of a trellis. I'm using vanilla cs and the inks used were french roast, cranberry (so sad to see it go), and fern.

I stamped the border from Wild Rose along each side, masking the back of the card. The hardest part was getting a good impression. Then I just stamped the roses in cranberry and the leaves in fern.

I sponged sky at the top and fern at the bottom and then used one of the labels dies. After die cutting out of vanilla cs, I stamped the corresponding outline stamp from the Vintage Labels set. I wanted to add a "ghosted" rose on that label so I stamped the label stamp again on some lightweight vellum and cut around the little dotted line for a mask. 

Using the outside of the vellum, I positioned it so I could stamp the rose in the upper corner. I stamped off the cranberry twice. Then I sponged some more blue and green on the label, and finally used the sentiment from Wild Rose and clear embossed that, also in french roast.

I popped up the label with foam adhesive with some red doodlebug twine underneath. Let me say that I use the stamp-a-ma-jig positioner and temporary adhesive whenever possible. Also my old mouse pad under the cs helps to get a good impression with stamps. Finally, I rounded the corners to soften the look.

I just love this set but since my catalog arrived of NEW A Muse products, I'm putting together my wish list of new products to try out!

 Okay, here's a happy card that is a bit wonky but I still like how it turned out. I love A Muse gingham paper and this pretty blue called out to me.

 I like window cards a lot but they're a challenge for me. I used 1 3/8 inch and 1 1/4 inch square punches to achieve this look. It's crooked, don't look too closely!

I stamped the little vase from the set Smile Inside. I had fun trying to position it three ways. I used a flat rubber stamp to do a mirror image on the right. Then in the middle I inked up the flower only with onyx ink and using the stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped it down, making the flower straight. Then I inked up the vase, and stamped it. Cool! Fun techniques, mirror stamping and partial inking.

I lightly colored in the flowers with copics, a little blue in the vases and some gray for grounding. See it's crooked here too but I like it. I may go back and fill in the vases with glossy accents.

Then I just used a nestie banner die, sponged it a little with broken china distress ink and stamped the sentiment from Essential Sentiments. Then I added some black doodlebug twine.

Thanks for looking, have a lovely Sunday, Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment